OK, my brain's working now. I was talking to someone last night about how we hide ourselves from the world and put on a front, what we think people want to see.
Over the last 18 months I've been learning what it is to "be me". It's been a journey of healing and growth. For so long I'd presented myself as something else, for fear of being rejected.
It's like ever since we were kids we've been told to "try to fit in" and "be like everyone else", What we fail to see is that the more we are who God created us, the more attractive we are to other people.
People can spot a fake a mile away, and yet almost all of us live in this state of delusion that we're fooling everyone. What a load of garbage. God didn't make an Annette Binks so she could try to be a Paris Hilton (not that I'd EVER give that one a try) He made me to be me. If I try to be something I am not, I detract from the glory of His masterpiece.
The more I am me, the more I shine God. When people see the real me, they can see God shining through me. I'd have to thank Karlee for showing me this. She's the most real person I know, and when I look at her I see God. It's breathtaking.
I've seen the practical effects of "being me" too. I've never felt more loved and accepted by my church family, and TAFE friends, and randoms as I do now, and I am more "me" now than I have ever been. People can't help but love you when you show them God's handiwork.
God's the biggest genius there ever was, so if He says it's good I'm pretty sure it's good.
Let your God shine.
Thursday, October 27, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I love getting to know you Annette! Let's just say you're like an onion...with layers. And the more layers I unfold within your brain, the more I like!x
Post a Comment