In light of Easter approaching:
I wonder why the evangelical church places such an emphasis on "saving people" and "witnessing to the lost"
Jesus didn't say "I came to save you all from going to hell" he said "I came to give you life and life more abundantly"
So why is the emphasis so often on the "save them from hell" side of things and not the "bring them life in abundance" side of things?
Is it because it's a heck of a lot easier to get people to believe that Jesus died for their sins than it is to live life with them, to disciple them, to help them live a fulfilled life?
Is it because we're too selfish to actually love them with abandon, to give out of our own time and our own lives, to show them the love their heavenly father has for them...instead of just telling them about it?
Monday, April 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Hi Annette :)
I think it might just be a wrongly assessed matter of priority. We think "life here is short, the next life is long." So we think the most important thing we could possibly do is ensure a good next life - salvation.
But I agree with you. You're right - the bible has a much stronger emphasis on life and abundant life than it does merely on the forgiveness of sins. What I actually live, I'm not sure. But in my thinking, I think I agree with you... if that makes sense.
Take care
-jay
Post a Comment