Thursday, April 23, 2009

A Song

I wrote this song a few weeks ago, a month after the encounter.



Over in the corner there's a girl by the window
in a wheelchair she was given last year
Her life before was spent lying all day long
on a concrete floor that's soaked with kerosene
and she's calling me

The other kids are running free
She turns her head to look at me
She's calling out with her big brown eyes
She can't use words, she cannot speak
but with those eyes she's burned right through me
My heart is breaking
My heart is breaking

What can I do to tell you you're beautiful
to tell you that you're not alone?
Little girl
What can I do to tell you you're valuable?
You're precious beyond all measure
Little girl

My mind is racing, It's full of doubt
What if I get it wrong and she freaks out?
I'm so unsure of what to do
but I walk across to stand with her
I take her hand and I gently whisper
I see you
I see you

And she smiles
Oh how she smiles

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that's so full on!
good work :)
it's so great to see you!