Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Africa - Day 193



Sophie and I went out to Gicumbi today to see how the house was progressing for the Child Headed Household. I took some baby clothes and a toy with me to give to their next-door neighbour. She had invited me to her house last time but we were pressed for time so I was determined to give her some time today. We went into her house and sat on a little bench, her roof is full of holes, and they're heading into the rainy season. I would have loved to get her a new roof, it would cost around US$350. When I gave her the clothes she was sort of jumping, dancing and almost crying. She really had not expected it and said that it gave her hope that her life can get better. It was really wonderful to be His hands today and it was amazing to me that such a small gesture could make such a difference.

We leave for Tanzania on Thursday. I'm really excited!

Pictures from Ghana are up here and today's trip to Gicumbi here

1 comment:

Jason said...

Hey Annette!

I'd been wondering how you've been going... i've missed having you around!

Only a few days ago Chevy told me you actually had a blog and had been posting updates... Now I've got so much to catch up on!

It's cool to see everything that's going on for you, good on ya hey. Gets me excited. And wanting to do more myself :)

Keep rocking!

YEAH!
(nah yeah nah)

Jason