We're having a great time in Thailand. We're now just outside of Chaing Rai in the country's north. It's much more dry up here which is somewhat of a relief.
On Sunday we participated in a local church service and then drove up into the mountains to visit a remote village of Hmong People. It was stunning up there and the people were very welcoming. We were the first farangs to ever visit their village. We were invited to stay and have dinner with them which was a huge honour, not to mention delicious! We were roped into an impromptu church service and gave out a bunch of toys to the kids.
Monday and Tuesday have been busy doing construction for a school - blocklaying and tiling, although I did not do much as I wasn't feeling well enough. I slept for 13 hours last night and I'm feeling a lot better.
We're in the middle of Song Kran festival, a massive water festival where people just drench each other for days. The boys having been riding around in the back of a ute with a 44 gallon drum filled with water and pegging buckets fulls at people. So much fun!
Charl seems to have picked up what I had so any prayers heading his was would be appreciated.
Tomorrow we're heading further north and we're going for an elephant ride, should be fuuuun!
The parliament here has been dissolved so things should calm down significantly in Bangkok. Thanks to everyone who was praying for the situation.
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment