I never fully seem to comprehend the power nor the importance of being still until I push myself so far that if I am not still I will go insane. It's actually a really stupid thing to do because Jesus himself had to go and be still, so what makes me think I can get by without doing it? Jesus would wake up before everyone else and go into the garden and just spend some alone time with God. Alone time with God. How often do I really do that? Sure, I'll spend some time alone, but do I remember that God is there waiting for me to engage with Him? Or I'll remember to talk and listen to God when I'm busy, but am I being still? Now, I'm certainly not getting up before everyone else as I would promptly fall back asleep, but the afternoon works just fine for stillness. I spent some time being still today. I went to a park, with a friend and got quiet and although God wasn't particularly talkative I had such an amazing time just basking in His presence.Basking in God's presence, in His love... I could do that forever. So why do I forget to?


1 comment:
Ahhh, that is the hardest thing for me to do, well it seems hard anyway, i dont do it often at all but i know when i do it is so fulfilling that is why it is so annoying that i dont do it more often...
Post a Comment