Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Peace

I had a pretty "interesting" night last night. It started pretty normal. I was tired coz I got up at 7:15am to go to a family brekky. I was feeling pretty happy though. Paul spoke a great (and challenging) message based on 1 Corinthians 13 and illustrated by 50 First Dates which is one of my fave movies.

After church things turned bad almost in an instant and I found myself very anxious and angry about what was going on. It's times like those when I think it would be very easy to just run away from everything.
Thank God for Sarah and Clare! Had they not been there I think I probably would have driven east until I ran out of petrol (Leaving Andrew and Samn stranded where they were). We went to Leo's and I forced myself to eat dinner.

When I got home I went into my room still very caught up in the events of the night...and the events that have preceded them in the last few weeks. God is good though. He soon reminded me that He is bigger than anything this world can dish out, and that He makes all things work together for the good of those who love Him.
Peace flowed through me. I still had to work to not let myself get anxious again, but peace stayed and I had a really good, long sleep. God is wonderful.


Philippians 4:6-7


Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

5 comments:

HaRRy BoY said...

im confused... that post didn't make sense..

what happened that was bad?

why were you angry etc..?

annettetherocker said...

I can't talk about details without putting another person down. The point was that God reminded me that he is bigger than anything, and that His peace can cover it.

*jessix* said...

I can't even see the writing! Is anyone else with me or am I just getting old??

annettetherocker said...

Your screens probably aren't bright enough. I made the font lighter for you.

*jessix* said...

Thanks Net!! And thanks Jake for your tip...yay! not old!